1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Fungus

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by DOORZ, Jul 5, 2006.

1. DOORZ

DOORZ LawnSite Member

How soon can you apply a lawn fungicide to a newly seeded lawn?

I have an area behind my house that I had some trees cut down awhile ago, and recently had new top soil brought in and seed put down. The seed was put almost 3 weeks ago, and came up great. The guy who put the seed down did a crappy job, and after the first seeding started to germinate about 10 days, I put down some more seed in attempt to fill the in areas he missed.

I am sure I ended up watering too late in the day in attempt to get some areas that were missed to germinate, and now I am sure I have fungus. I have cut out the evening watering, and the fungus hasn't taken over too bad at this point, but I don't want it to get out of control as the newly seeded area looks great.

I am wondering if there is anything I can do. I know there are products such as Bayleton, but in looking at the labels it doesn't say anything about when this can be applied. I know most weed products can't be put down until the lawn has been mowed 3 or 4 times.

I know ideally it would have been better to wait until the fall, but i didn't want to leave this area looking like it was until the fall. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. HazyDavy

HazyDavy LawnSite Member

Us ordinary yellow corn meal or cracked corn. You can apply that right away. It will also act as a mild fertilizer while solving your fungus problem.

3. DOORZ

DOORZ LawnSite Member

What is that going to do for the lawn?

4. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Fungicide can be applied to your new grass. Unless the label says NOT to.