1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn install bid

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Canon Landscaping, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Canon Landscaping

Canon Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I am bidding on a lawn install the property is about 44,000 sqft and it is all rock. I will bring in 200 yds of soil and grade and seed and straw. The front side on the house is a hill so the customer wants a french drain put in to carry the water away from the house.

It take me about 3 days to complete I will be using a small dozer and skid steer with a harley rake and a straw blower.

I bid $7,500 Does this sound about right????????

2. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

How much profit are you making? Three days worth of work, how many hours? How much in materials?

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

personally, I'd bid it at $11995 and tell her if she wants it done with in X amount of days she will get a X amount of discount

4. Old Red

Old Red LawnSite Member

I think you're doing a lot of work for $7500. I'd be closer to Mark's figure.

5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

sounds way too cheap to me.

dozer should be $1500.00/day
    topsoil will be $175.00 per load.( 12-15 yards) so you'll need 15 or so trucks.

it will take a few days to bring that much in. and you will need the dozer for the whole time.