Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Arbor Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lawn Pro

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 24 21.8%
41 - 60 of 73 Posts
landscapebilling.com is what i use. very professional invoices and everything is backed up off site where if something happens to your computer (like mine was stolen when my home was burglarized). also it is available on mobile devices such as phones or tablets. all for $8.00 a month which is nothing when you think about someone stealing you computer and all the unpaid invoices that are no longer there. trust me this is the way to go...

It is getting way better. Slow but sure they will have everything right. I wish they had record keeping forms for pesticide apps on there mobile version - made the suggestion - hope it happens soon.

@McFarland_Lawn_Care: We do that ;)

Just a quick heads up to everyone, we've started putting together a Jobber Video Tutorial Series. The first in the series, covering the Jobber Calendar, is up on our YouTube channel:

We'll be continuing to add videos in the Video Tutorial Series, as well as for any new feature releases in the weeks and months to come. We find it's a really effective way of showing how to use the software, and hope you do too!

Cheers,
Sam

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Thanks for putting the videos up for Jobber. I still haven't tried a free trial. If Jobber syncs with my Quickbooks during the trial? I wouldn't want anything to be effected in my quickbooks data. As of right now, I have no work coming in except for snow removal. Spring clean ups will not begin until march, or mid march. If I demo Jobber and add fictitious info to test it out, will it save it to my quickbooks? If so, is there a way to get it out of there? I want to demo every aspect of the software, so syncing with quickbooks is a must.

Hey Larson Lawn Care,

There are no limitations during the trial period, so yes, you can sync with QuickBooks. If you set up the sync however, it will indeed synchronize your customer information. If you make changes to customer data you can expect those changes to push back into QuickBooks as they should.

If you're concerned about not actually impacting your QuickBooks file then I suggest you not hook up the synchronization. The other option is to create a new test QuickBooks file to synchronize with. I should also mention that many of our customers are actually finding that they can ditch QuickBooks entirely, since we do Invoicing & Billing, Payment Tracking, Expense Management and Reporting quite nicely right inside Jobber. Might be an opportunity to simplify your work flow.

Cheers!
Sam @ Jobber

Jobber,

I noticed that you said that most people quit using Quickbooks after using Jobber which interests me. I have been unable to find lawn care software that handles expenses well. Also what does Jobber have for reports? Reports is one of the things I like most about Quickbooks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey APLUS LAWN CARE,

Indeed -*most companies find that the full-bore accounting functionality of QuickBooks is way more than is actually required, and just needlessly complicates day-to-day operations.

We actually just released our Expense Tracking functionality in Jobber a few weeks ago (http://blog.getjobber.com/2013/01/new-track-expenses-in-jobber/) and our customers are loving it so far. We also have a full suite of reporting functionality that provides more than what most small/medium businesses need. We're also constantly improving and adding to Jobber, so we'll be adding to all of this functionality going forward.

That being said, we're not competing with pure accounting software such as QuickBooks. Jobber is first and foremost easy to use and effective business management software, and we aim to provide all of the most important fundamental accounting functionality as well, but not everything that you would find in QB, because that would make it impossible to be any good at the other stuff. Accounting software is by it's nature big and complicated, and that's territory that we put an enormous amount of engineering effort into staying away from, so that we can focus on the things that actually matter on a day-to-day basis for field service businesses, like client management, scheduling and invoice management.

Hopefully that helps!

Cheers,
Sam @ Jobber

What about quickbooks, I was just looking at 2013 and it's looks like they have added some nice features to track prospects and it seems like they have different apps to go along with their service to make life easier.

Do many of you use just QB as your software?

I am still interested to see the pros of SAP over Jobber.

I use QB for a majority of our accounting and finance and SAP primarily for customer contact, scheduling and invoicing. Syns all together...works well!

BLC1,

Why don't you ask SAP to sell you on their product instead of asking Jobber what makes SAP better? If I was Jobber I would just tell you that "we can't offer a product at the prices SAP seems to think is fair."

I'm currently not using either product, but I will say it seems like Jobber has been great with dealing with potential customer questions. I just don't think that was a fair question to ask them..

Hey BLC1,

Well, we can't offer a product at the price SAP seems to think is fair.

ZING! Just kidding! — I don't mind a question like that, and to SAP's credit, pricing is a really difficult thing to do. They very well may have discovered through their experience that the price point they offer their software at is the right intersection of customer uptake and revenue required to continue operations for them.

As far as features go, I really can't comment much on SAP vs. Jobber, as we're primarily focused on our own roadmap, and prioritizing development based on the thousands of conversations we have with our customers and customers-to-be, rather than keeping an eye on what their software can and can't do.

What I can say is that we're focused laser-like on building extremely high quality software that's easy to learn and pleasant to use. While we're constantly developing new functionality and improving existing features, we are decidedly *not* interested in offering every feature including the kitchen sink, because that's what causes buggy, bloated software that's hard to use, and consequently isn't used. In many cases all that extra "stuff" isn't actually necessary, and just gets in the way of the core, most important day-to-day functions.

It's those core day-to-day functions that we want to make sure we're the absolute best at.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Sam

I don't think it's an unfair question. Obviously they are priced different because of different features. If jobber tells me there are x,y and z features they dont have that SAP does and those features don't pertain to me then it would be an easy decision to go with Jobber.

We use qb online for our software. I hear everyone saying they sync to qb, but not much about the online version. We have Quickbooks online and Quickbooks online payroll, intuit payment network and go payment for cc. All together, price is good and Very simple, but does have schedule. Mine is a nightmare and would love more day to day stuff and interactions with our customer. (Looking for something soon)!!!

I just saw on Jobbers web site they do sync with qb online. Im just going to call them to find out more info. The jobber site looks to be more user friendly. That's just me. I'm all about easy to use and fast in the field.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.