Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lawn Pro

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 24 21.8%

Lawn maintenance co. software

26K views 72 replies 27 participants last post by  Davids Lawncare 
#1 ·
I have searched and searched for software. I think I am set on one, but reviews seem to be mixed. I believe I have seen a poll already for software, but I wanted to get a current poll set up. So let me know what software you use or recommend.

#7 ·
There are so many options, so I want feedback and more than likely if the poll has one software standing way out from the rest, then it will be an easy choice for me. There are a lot of pros and cons for all of them. I have my choices narrowed, and Service Auto Pilot is at the top, but I have heard bad reviews lately about their recent upgrades/updates.

#9 ·
I've actually used a trial version of Grounds Keeper Pro. The interface is cartoonish and a little goofy but it had good functionality for what I needed. I would give it three out of five stars. I have since switched to MS Office for my accounting, record keeping and document needs. I also incorporate the google line of applications for scheduling and customer relations.

#11 ·
There isn't anything that is specifically designed for business. I use my phone to send and receive email, schedule services with google calendars, and make data entries in google drive. I'm sure there is a program/service that is a better choice for an all in one solution but google and Office are free. Service Auto Pilot and Real Green seem like very complete solutions.

#14 ·
I'm interested in this also. As I continue to grow, I can see the need for more functionality and I want to pick a solution that I can grow with...not something that works for now, but will make me want to switch to something more powerful/useful next season. The biggest thing for me is having all my customer data available for both mowing and chemical applications.....total lot size, total lawn area, total bermuda SF, total fescue SF, number and type of shrubs/bushes, distance from shop, inventory of chemicals tracking, reduce inventory as I make applications, etc, etc....

#17 ·
intuit quickbooks

#18 ·
I have used quickbooks since 2005, I tried lawn pro but gave up on that, then went with qxpress, they had bad customer service and just wanted more and more money. My choices are narrowed. Jobber and service auto pilot are at the top. As of now, I maintain 70+ lawns and offer maintenance only services. My plan is to expand within the next 2 years. So I would like to use the software while I am smaller to get the hang of it. That way my system of operations will be efficient and expansion will be an easier transaction. So please vote so I can decide. If you vote other, please list what you use.
Posted via Mobile Device

#19 ·
Service Auto Pilot is a very good program that covers both the scheduling and routing end to your accounting and invoicing end... I will say the latest upgrades did add some functionality but also complicated other matters. Overall it was the best program I could find and I tried several.

#20 ·
Terrabites, you definitely offer more services than I do. An organized, efficient system is important for business operations. I can't imagine keeping track of chem/fert apps along with mowing without an automated system.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm smaller than you but have the same idea...I want software that will grow with me. I like Service Auto pilot, but I think its too expensive for me at the moment. So I'm using Jobber. Jobber is pretty good, but will need to keep upgrading its features.

#22 ·
Has anyone heard of this program? Is seems legit. Im in the same boat as well. Looking hard into Jobber SAP and qxpress. The Service Program is very similar to qxpress and claims to be the leading add on for quickbooks but I cant find any reviews of this software in LawnSite.

#23 ·
I had never heard of it. I am interested in reviews also. It looks pretty good. I just did a google search for theserviceprogram.com scam and put bbb behind it, I didn't investigate too much but didn't see anyone online mentioning they were scammed and no complaints. It might be a good idea to talk to quickbooks about it. If they are dropping the quickbooks name and qb is backing them then it might be a good thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

#25 ·
Service auto pilot is expensive. That is why jobber is next on my list. I am just afraid jobber is too basic.
Posted via Mobile Device
Would anyone be surprised if I vote for Jobber? Haha Glad to see that we are in the running Larson LC. I just wanted to touch on a few things to address your concerns.

First of all - we just announced that we have raised a second round of funding and are really kicking into overdrive with the product development. This is a really exciting time of growth and opportunity for us just like yourself. On that note: although our price point is a lot easier to swallow, rest assured that our customer base is varied and we have new clients just starting out - all the way to clients doing over 10 million annually with over 4,000 customers.

We put a lot of time and effort into usability, and our customers who have come to us from SAP really notice that and love us for it. The other thing we've got going for us is that we're *constantly* improving Jobber. We literally add new features and improvements every week, as can be seen on the Jobber Blog at http://blog.getjobber.com.

I just thought I would weigh in with that —*maybe some of the Jobber users on the site here that have experience with both systems will weigh in too.

In any case - you can check it out for yourself if you have not done so already. We offer a 30 day free trial to test it out and we also offer free ONE on ONE demos so we can go through it together and figure out how to set it up for your business.

I can't wait to see where this pole will be 6 months and 1 year from now!

Cheers,
Jeff

#26 ·
I was considering the 30 day demo for jobber. I emailed sap a long list of questions, and I would like to email the same questions to you Jeff. One question that I did not ask sap that I have for you is: do you offer free customer service? With every software I have owned, they offer x amount of free help with the software, after that, they want to charge for it and there was no way after paying the money that I did for the software that I would pay them to help me with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.