LAWN Mowing***Daily Afternoon "Rant" Thread....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by larryinalabama, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Here's a rant for you.....to everyone on planet Earth. Please don't stop me "just to chat" when I have a backpack blower on and I'm in the middle of blowing your leaves. It's very, VERY, VERY FRUSTRATING. Thank you.

Ma&Pa, JoeCheap, hort101 and 5 others like this.
  2. Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

I guess I will rant that winter is getting closer, but on the flipside I am happy mowing season is coming to an end. Just burnt out with it at this time. Just isn't fun anymore at this time of the year. But after a couple month break then I will be wishing it was mowing season again.

Ma&Pa, JoeCheap, SMC LC and 2 others like this.
  3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Gold Member

Wish we could START the season w/ leaves coming down when folks are all gung ho to get things going. But NOOOOO, we gotta end the season w/ leaves when folks are tired of paying us for regular service.
    Once again, life ain't fair. :rolleyes:

4. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

drought.

RussellB and hort101 like this.
  5. Highland79

Highland79 LawnSite Member

I caught the edge of a frisbee with one of the caster tires on my Z, flipped it just enough to throw a nice shot of water directly into my crotch with 2 hours left to go yesterday!

6. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm ready for winter.:cry:

7. flybynite

flybynite LawnSite Bronze Member

Seriously? You're 15 and still in school, I hope? Only old men that are worn out say that kinda stuff in the business!

Ma&Pa, Cam15 and sjessen like this.
  8. adkinslawncareobetz

adkinslawncareobetz LawnSite Member

I have two yards that I mow for one customer. I charge 50. For the first one. It takes me about 35 min hat down til gate up. The second yard is 65. About 45 min gate down til gate up.I love the customers, I email the bill and within seven days I have my check. I never see them, it is exactly the kind of customer I am after. My rant is that on yard number two almost every time I mow I get a flat tire. It is kind of a large yard. I walked the yard several times and could never find the culprit that was getting my tires. Well today I took my metal detector with me and started looking. After about 15 minutes I had no luck so I went ahead and mowed. Darned I got another flat. After plugging the tire I got the metal detector out again and looked for about a half hour. I decided I had to give up or I was never going to get my mowing done. I told myself, when I get to the end of this row I am going to trim and leave. About 10 seconds later my foot hit something hard and solid sticking up about one inch. It was a steel tee post broken off and a sharp edge sticking up. I couldn't pull it out of the ground so I got my three pound sledge out of the truck and drove that sucker to the nether regions of this earth. I was very proud of myself. When I got done I looked up and the neighbor was standing by his wood pile looking at me like I was nuts. Oh well, by this time of the season I am a little bit nuts I guess.

Ma&Pa, JoeCheap, hort101 and 5 others like this.
  9. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Silver Member

School is what I'm really burned out of. I'm 17 btw.:laugh: And doing school for 4 to 8 hours then mowing till dark then doing homework Is not fun.

10. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

At least it gets dark earlier. :)

hort101, paulsgrass and Cam15 like this.