• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

lawn mowing days per year

slippednfell

LawnSite Member
I realize that asking this question is like asking how much a car costs (given the number of variables involved). But does anyone have a guesstimate of the number of mowing days per year that LCOs in the midwest might have? I live in the Kansas City area, and I'm trying to project revenues based on such assumptions as price, number of clients, and yes, number of mowings. It's tough trying to project revenues when I don't really know how many days per year I'll be working. Thanks for any help you can provide.

bballcoach26

LawnSite Member
I live in michigan and we usually have 26-28 weeks of cutting so i base my projections on 26 weeks to stay safe in assuming

OP
S

slippednfell

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the help, coach. Just to clarify one point, when you use 26-28 weeks of cutting for your projections, do you assume 5 cutting days per week (or about 130-140 cutting days per year)?

Premium Services

LawnSite Member
Baton Rouge, LA 33 cuts a year 165 days

DiscoveryLawn

LawnSite Senior Member
I should have said I used to base my budget on 26. ...I no longer mow