Lawn Nazi

venecular

LawnSite Member
Have any of you guys every heard of the term "Lawn Nazi". Well if not, you have now. This person is actually a neighbor of mine. I have lived in my home about a year now and he has gone through at least 4 lawn companies. I just started my lawn business and thought I would give this person a try since he is my neighbor. Well, my mistake. After he explained to me what he wanted me to do (cleanup, cut, trim, edge), I did just this. The grass is Bermuda and it was really tall. I cut it 1/3 of the height and finished the job. He then tells me that he wants me to cut it shorter free of charge. To say the least, I refused. It just seems this person cannot be pleased. How do you guys deal with such a customer?

Bill Davis

LawnSite Senior Member
Tell him politiely no thanks next time he asks you to do something. For future reference never do work for people in your neighborhood. Bad mistake on your part.

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
I have only worked twice in my neighborhood...one was really good, one was a PITA. I guess that it depends on the neighborhood whether you get some good ones or some bad ones.

There is a radio station up here that calls their LCO the lawn nazi or the snow plow nazi.

Fantasy Lawns

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'd say he's more of a PITA

The Lawn Nazi is the county guy who runs around telling people to cut their lawn or over grown empty lots

lawnranger44

LawnSite Senior Member
I think picky people are not worth my time in this business. There are plenty of better customers out there waiting to pay me more money :p

Top Forums