Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved to Odessa, Texas. Don't ask why but I am here, anyhow the house my wife and I bought had a yard that would be rated a 3 at best on a 10 scale. It is full of weeds and pine needles especially in the back. I am getting a storage unit so that I can bring down my trailer from Lubbock so I can have my good commercial equipment, opposed to the crap that some people insist on buying from home depot. ( don't mind the fact that I take pride in having good equipment) I was wondering if it was better to terminate the weeds and existing grass and over seed or just to till everything up and then over seed or possibly sod. I am looking at using either bermuda or improved bermuda. These are just thoughts on how I want to start this project. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I recently moved to Odessa, Texas. Don't ask why but I am here, anyhow the house my wife and I bought had a yard that would be rated a 3 at best on a 10 scale. It is full of weeds and pine needles especially in the back. I am getting a storage unit so that I can bring down my trailer from Lubbock so I can have my good commercial equipment, opposed to the crap that some people insist on buying from home depot. ( don't mind the fact that I take pride in having good equipment) I was wondering if it was better to terminate the weeds and existing grass and over seed or just to till everything up and then over seed or possibly sod. I am looking at using either bermuda or improved bermuda. These are just thoughts on how I want to start this project. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.
Have to kill it all.

If you just till it the weeds will come right back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.