1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Roller and Lawn Rolling

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BeautifulBlooms, Mar 26, 2008.

1. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone on here ever been asked to roll someones lawn? Is this something you would do for a customer if they asked?

Personally I feel there may be more harm than good done by rolling because by the first couple mows anyways your lawn should have settled in a little bit just from driving over it. Of course push mowed lawns wont level out as much because the mowers weigh so little, but a big Zero Turn mower has wide tires and should do a pretty good job in rolling the turf somewhat level overtime.

If you have done rolling before, how much do you charge (Equivalent to a mowing fee would be my guess)? Do I need to get one as wide as my tire tracks to avoid rutting from tire overlaps?

Any help here would be great. Oh and where can you find a roller for purchase?

I went to home depot and they have a few but they are only like 36" wide. They were $149 for the tow behind model, and $109 for the push rolller (no way I would ever push roll someones yard!!!)

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

this topic has been beaten to death in the past. If you do a search, you'll find many threads on it.

3. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

i have never foudn the search to work right for me. i never find the right topics
    anyone else?