1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Service Schedule Program

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Suders, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Suders

Suders LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

Hello I am new to this forum and was hoping to get some feed back. We all have tried many different ways to stream line the office work by using 5-10ish different programs - Ex: Quickbooks, word, excel, dropbox, google calendars, gmail, and or what ever else you are using to get your invoices and scheduling out to employee and customers.
    Here is my problem - I can not find a solid program the does not depend on someone else - Quickbook for instance is the norm but how many of you use quickbooks online and with this new update they did in July'14 I am still spending hours on the phone with them to fix their issues - deleting reoccurring transactions, downloaded transactions come up as my business name and no way to match it to customers, and the list goes on.
    Even if I am stock with quickbooks - is there a program that can schedule weekly service through it and not fall apart everytime a 5 week month comes up.
    What do you guys use and what are their down falls so I find the lesser of the evils. I have seen another area in here but it has not been read or commented on in 2 years.

Signed - Tech is slowing me down

2. ptjackson

ptjackson LawnSite Member

I know the getjobber guys are sponsors here and have talked to them in the past, I thought they are good guys.

There's a free software options I saw the other day, I might just be a little worried about support and if it's full featured enough for you. http://lawnstarter.com/lawn-care-software/

3. Suders

Suders LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

Thank you for the reply. I will check that out tonight

4. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

I've used clip for 10 or 12 years with QuickBooks. I'd stay away from QB online and get the stand alone version.
    You can also try a free version on clip called clipitc.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Kawizx62003

Kawizx62003 LawnSite Silver Member

Try yardbook. Free. Works well
    Posted via Mobile Device