lawn vacuums

Jason

LawnSite Senior Member
Was at my dealer today. He has a Toro lawn vac. It's a pretty small unit with Briggs 6hp motor. Just a push type. Was curious as how well these units work and if anybody has any experience with them.<p>Not real serious about buying one, but it did look kinda neat.

Charles

Moderator, Friend, Angel
The push behinds and self propelled lawn vacs were are the biggest scams ever perpetuated on mankind(well almost) Ever try to push a bag of heavy leaves? Even self propelled models get bogged down on lumpy ground. The adds alway show flat ground. And the dust.....

Lazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
They work good for sucking up cigarette butts and cleaning up curbs at commercial sites. Not much use on lawns.

Alan

In my experience, you can't vacuum up anything that is matted in the turf. For spring cleanup I either use a rotary broom or a York power rake to loosen everything up,, then suck it up with mower and bagger. Maybe not an ideal system but it works so far. Has anyone seen a Goosen &quot;Mid-Vac&quot; in operation? I've thought about looking into one,, just the price scares me

richard

Banned
i stripe lawns in the late fall with my BILLY GOAT and just spread the debris thin over beds to cut dump fees...i don't know how i ever worked without my goat

Top Forums