1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lawnboy question???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AAA Lawn Service, Apr 9, 2005.

1. AAA Lawn Service

AAA Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I am thinking about buying a used Lawnboy Silver Series mower. I saw it in the want-ads in another city so I haven't seen it yet. I have never owned one so I have questions. I called the owner and he said it was a mulching mower with a side discharge. Can I put a regular blade on it to become a standard mower? Also, I understand it uses the same gas that goes in a weedeater. I need something to mow hills that I don't have to worry about the oil not lubricating the engine when on an incline.

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Most lawnboy machines have a tri-mode blade, bag mulch or discharge, i use the standard blade on mine for all 3 modes and it works great. It is a 2 cycle mower which means you will need to use a gas/oil mixture, if you are going to use a synthetic oil i strongly recommend amsoil products, if you are going to use a standard oil then use the lawnboy 2 cycle oil. these machines work great on hillsides and inclines aswell.
    you won't be disapointed

joey

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I will 2nd what vipermanz said

4. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

great mowers.. and i got to say is AMSOIL. very little smoke and a lot less plug gunking that with the regular. plus u dont have that oil build up everywhere... im sure u wont be dissapointed with lawn boy products :D

5. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

i've got 2 lawnboys and they're perfect. like someone already said, i use the standard blade setup and it works great.

does anyone know where i can find more of the lawnboy 2-cycle oil? since everyone is going to 4 cycle mowers now, i can't find the lawnboy brand in stock for the 2-cycles anymore.