1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

LawnBoy wont Start

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by andykc, Aug 19, 2007.

1. andykc

andykc LawnSite Member

LawnBoy ( SilverPro - Model 10323 '03 model) wont start ! It was working fine then it was in a bit of some rain (perhaps just coincedence - wouldnt think a little rain would effect it that much) and now wont start. Replaced spark plug, made sure had good gas/oil mix, cleaned air filter....not sure the problem. Although when i do prime it - seems like nothing is happening. Not sure. Any suggestions would be wonderful !

Andy

2. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Junk it. I got tired of screwing with mine and bought something else.

3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

After you replaced the spark plug, did you check to make sure there was a spark coming from it. If not, my money is on a rusty magneto pick up.

4. KingOfCupCar20

KingOfCupCar20 LawnSite Member

i had the same problem a few weeks ago, i replaced the spark plug checked to see if there was still a spark (which there was) and it still wouldnt start, i remembered that the last time i used it that it was smoking pretty good just after i started it...leading me to think that it was a bad oil/fuel mixture, i mixed it myself and i know i did it right... so i just thought it was an old oil or something i dont know but i drained the fuel tank, got rid of the fuel i had been using....made a new mixture, put it in and it started right up...give it a shot, its a cheap test

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

if no spark -could be the cd pack they fail often on these.

6. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Primers do fail from time to time - try raising the rear of the mower while priming or pull the spark plug and spray a small shot of starting fluid then finger tighten the plug - if it starts , the primer or primer cover needs replaced.

7. andykc

andykc LawnSite Member

Not sure exactly the problem but I cleaned it thoroughly - and it worked. Sometimes just a cleanup can do the trick ( perhaps debris was clogging something) Thanks guys !

8. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

mine has a simular problem. it will start fine cold but won't start again until it cools down. I believe it to be the spark module but haven't checked it out yet as I only use it on 2 lawns. this will be the second time for this problem in 4 yrs but its still a great trim mower.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

don't leave them in the rain, my trimmer gets water all up in the coil and it will NOT start, my arm is so sore.