1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

lawnmower pedicure

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Haggerty, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Tried to post these pics yesterday but kept getting bumped off the net. I guess I was consuming too much bandwidth on a busy day.

this guy is a friend of my son. While mowing a ditch, he slipped and pulled the push mower over his foot.
    Pretty typical accident. The doctor told him it would regrow. He's in his early twenties.

Attached Files:

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

at least they're all still attached.

3. other side

Attached Files:

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Very lucky guy.

5. jlewis

jlewis LawnSite Member

What kind out footwear did he have on?

I have worn work boots ever since I slipped once w/ a push mower wearing sneakers. (Never came close to the mower, but scared enough to change.)

Joe

6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

A very lucky person indeed! That is not good but could have been much worse.

Gravely_Man

7. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Ouch!! What kind of shoes was he wearing? I hope he is on some type of strong antibiotic to keep infection at bay.

It might partially grow back but it will not be very pretty I bet.

Jimbo

8. wareagle

wareagle LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

How many people require that their employees weare steel toes shoes?

Does you insurance have anything to say about wearing steel toed shoes?

9. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

We used to wear these pull over metal tips while mowing in the military. We looked really ridiculous and made a clanging sound when we walked. I never lost a foot though. :)

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This is such a typical practice among many homeowners and yet so dangerous. I've posted on this before - about "pulling" the mower up hill behind you. You ALWAYS keep the mower higher than you for control. This guy is real lucky.