LawnMowingOnline

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mwalz, May 7, 2014.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

may I suugest that we try to get back on topic with the original intent of the thread...meaning discussing the idea of lawn mowing online and if anyone has used this type of service, etc.

2. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you!

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Well since not one person in any of those major areas has even tried it what are we supposed to judge by? The website looks hokey. The whole model is just another game of middleman. I don't think anybody on here needs to be pimped to get a minimum wage account.

Posted via Mobile Device

4. illuminatus

illuminatus LawnSite Member

DONT do it. I've been mowing for 25 years. This website is not a good thing at all. And the new version is a joke anyways. Just go read the negative reviews you will get an idea of the type of individual you will be dealing with. There are WAY better websites and ways to get work. I wasn't paid for several days worth of work from lawnmowingonline......and I'm not the only one either. (IF you are also a contractor that also was not paid, AND you still have you pictures and work order(s), please message me thru this forum.) Also, If you have gaps in your routes deal with it another way. At the end of the season one day I received several hostile, profanity laden emails from James at lawnmowingonline, claiming pictures were not uploaded. To this day, I dont know if he simply deleted the pictures from the website, or what, and I never will know, but the hard work was absolutely done, my time, my gas, my back, and I still have all of the pictures to prove it. The lawns got mowed in the heat, and all the customers paid, because I had to go back and ask some of them just to be sure, he just simply, kept all of the money. In his rude email exchange I could tell he was just cooing, just gushing, to rip me off as a contractor, he was pleased to be able to keep my hard earned money. I don't care about $500 or $1000 really, I mean I wouldn't give it away of course, but when someone takes it from you like that, it is entirely something different. I've seen pictures, he is nothing more than a little coward hiding behind a keyboard with some obsolete website making threats. I made a fake account a week or so later, I had to, which got approved LOL, just to watch the site get hopelessly backed up without me taking jobs anymore, and honestly, it felt kinda good. Try Taskeasy, LawnLove, Plowz and Mowz, Lawnstarter, TAKL, Gosmith, Angieslist, Craigslist, pass out fliers, jump around in the street, do anything else but take jobs from lawnmowingonline. This website spawns bad customers. And some of these customers gladly use this platform to abuse contractors, it works and they get away with it. There is nothing to protect you, as a contractor, from the customer, or from the website operator. NO PROTECTION AT ALL. So, wouldn't you, as a contractor, the one working in the heat, WANT to KNOW, that you will be paid for your work? Ok, there are those who can say that they have taken work and he has paid them no problem, and I believe it, BUT, is this something you really want to get behind? When you are the one that doesn't get paid what happens? Don't waste your time with it. Don't put up with the risk and abuse, it's not worth it. Happy Holidays. Stay humble.