Lawnsite Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
I've thought about this quite a bit.
I think there should be a Lawnsite Hall of Fame, to honor and remember influential members forever on here.

I understand we have most messages and most likes already, and that is all well and good, however those criterias aren't neccessary the only things that makes a member a Hall of Famer.

Two examples would be Eric Elm and Mike Leary. They were both very influential, but neither had massive amounts of posts or likes.

I'd like to propose adding a member hall of fame list to lawnsite. This list would be ongoing and not just limited to top 20 spots. Once a member is entered into the hall of fame he or she would be there forever.

Brainstorming the logistics-
Once a month candidates could be anonymously nominated and then voted on by the group.

Nominees could be dead or alive, active or past, many posts or few, the important thing being we feel they are one of the greats!

What do you all think?

OP
Crazy 4 grass

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
might be a good idea but will need to have some discussions internally and also figure out how to nominate and select who to include...will keep this in mind for sure and see if something we will explore and/or eventually add

Brass tacks-
Lmoth posters (myself included) comprise 90 percent of the notable members category currently. I like the most messages and most likes categories but over time the old guard posters fall off the list or maybe weren't a volume poster to begin with.

Seems like we should have alternate ways to honor the greatest forever.

I appreciate you considering my idea either way.

Michael J. Donovan

Head Moderator, Online Communities
Staff member
Brass tacks-
Lmoth posters (myself included) comprise 90 percent of the notable members category currently. I like the most messages and most likes categories but over time the old guard posters fall off the list or maybe weren't a volume poster to begin with.

Seems like we should have alternate ways to honor the greatest forever.

I appreciate you considering my idea either way.
Yeah, there wouldn't be an easy way to do it...posts and likes don't always constitute "greatness", like the old "quantity vs quality" argument that has been around forever. There's plenty of old time members that new members never knew or engaged with so we would definitely have to have discussions and figure out if it is something we want/should do

OP
Crazy 4 grass

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
Yeah, there wouldn't be an easy way to do it...posts and likes don't always constitute "greatness", like the old "quantity vs quality" argument that has been around forever. There's plenty of old time members that new members never knew or engaged with so we would definitely have to have discussions and figure out if it is something we want/should do
Quantity vs quality! You hit the hammer on the head. Recognizing quality, thats part of why I suggested it.
Thats part of why I suggested having members nominate other members, I figured the old time members would help out with remembering names that newer members wouldn't have interacted with.

I agree it will be no easy task to determine how to enact such a plan but I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Don't forget Larry from Des Moines, who is now retired from lawn care.

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
JimLewis. #1 Current or active Phasthound and greendoctor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Forums