Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Banned
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been BBQ's in the past and Richard Martin is having his second annual competition, as well as the trade shows that are coming up....... But I was wondering....

Would the members here at LawnSite.com like to have a LawnSite Meeting or get-together, etc..... Any ideas? I would want to put something together that as many people as possible could attend.

Give me your ideas. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Depends on location and what time of year?

You would have to rent a facility.
Provide food.

Would there be a fee we would have to pay?

A get together is fine and all. It is intrigueing.

I don't know. There are many conferences, seminars, trade shows and what not. If it's just a get together, perhaps you may have more success providing some kind of a conference type atmosphere. Where the sponsors would attend and all that. Have speakers............blah, blah,blah.........;)

But here is another thought.

What about organizing say a "LawnSite Cruise"?
If you do the cruise you would have to work fast, get deposits in quickly. Don't matter if it's a 7 day or 3 day cruise. During the off season might be best for all.

One year can be the Carribean. Other year can be a West Coast Mexico Cruise. Or a get together in Puerto Rico or the Bahamas.

If that is to far or to much how about New Orleans in early January........I have been looking into going to New Orleans and the hotel rates are very reasonable.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
New Orleans sounds great to me. ( 17 mile drive hehe ) We could throw together a crawfish boil, tour the French Quarter, etc. Also, depending on how many attend, I have extra rooms with pool table, darts, etc.

~Nest

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
That'd be great. If you've never had our food, the real stuff, I'd advise bringing a grand appetite, loose fitting pants, and Rolaids™. I never touch the stuff, but have a lot of guests request them.:p

~Nest

Pinch the tails and suck the heads!!

·
Banned
787 Posts
where and when? :drinkup:

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by John Gamba
The Island Thing Is CooLLLL, It's DEDUCTIBLE People. Lets Do It Like The Suits Do.

John
John,

Man, does that picture look so inviting on such a hot day. I'll do the cruise thing.:blob3:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, as long as mom and dad say ok, lol :eek: :blob4:

·
Former Moderator
6,065 Posts
I guess it depends upon how many members you would want to attract.
Sure, the cruise sounds nice, but is it really feasible? Members who have children are bound to have more obligations than a single unmarried member. That there alone begins the elimination of some members.

Also, not saying in this thread, but just in general, words are easy to type. "Sure, I'll go." "Yeah, sounds great, I'll be there." But in the end, will the members that said they'll participate actually show up? To go to the trouble of hosting this, and then have it fizzle out sure would be a let down.

You're not going to be able to get any real idea who would actually attend until you make some mock arrangements as to location, size of the affair and cost if any to the members.

It's my thought once you throw something out there, you will then be able to get a feel for who is really interested.

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
Put Something On Paper And See. This Can Be A Business Thing Like A Lecture, It Should Cost the Attending Member A Good Amount But It Should Be Deductible.

The Members With Children Have Dealt With this Before. The Other Members Should Be Told It's Like A Vacation Thats Deductible.
John

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
major tom, do u even have a sense of humor? u r always so serious. my vote is a keg party. u can really get to know someone after they have drank 15 beers.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by 1MajorTom
I guess it depends upon how many members you would want to attract.
Sure, the cruise sounds nice, but is it really feasible? Members who have children are bound to have more obligations than a single unmarried member. That there alone begins the elimination of some members.

Also, not saying in this thread, but just in general, words are easy to type. "Sure, I'll go." "Yeah, sounds great, I'll be there." But in the end, will the members that said they'll participate actually show up? To go to the trouble of hosting this, and then have it fizzle out sure would be a let down.

You're not going to be able to get any real idea who would actually attend until you make some mock arrangements as to location, size of the affair and cost if any to the members.

It's my thought once you throw something out there, you will then be able to get a feel for who is really interested.
What a party pooper!:p ;)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I'm there.

As for kids, cruise ships & island resorts have those bases covered. My kids get three weeks off school in December.

I think we ought to have it a mickhippy's place!!! j/k

Outer Banks of NC, very nice place for a hootenanny like this.....just a thought.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Jodi is right fellas

Lots to consider.

OK, if were talkin families with kids. Then how about Vegas. New Orleans is still viable....

With regards to John Gambas comments about a right off. This is true provided that for each day you do something business related.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.