1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

lawsuit

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Flow Control, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Had to go to court today. A install from 03 stated he found a broken drain pipe this spring and to fix the 3" or 4" pipe it cost him $850 for the labor and parts. I will find out the judgement in the next two weeks.

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

That sucks, why didnt he call you to come to do repair?

3. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

3 or 4" corrugated? couplings and pipe no more than 10 bucks max

wow

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe you can get the case transferred to one of those TV court shows, and you'll both make money.

5. Flow Control

He actually did give me a window of 4hrs to fix it. I believe I got a message around 10am stating that I had until 2pm to fix or he was going to have the plumber take care of it.

6. Flow Control

I caught him off guard with the info that I brought to challenge his case. I had him pissed, that alone was worth the price of admission. My fiance is in her last year of law school, I had around 9 legal points I made to challenge his claim. If he wins it will be like winning in slots, since I will pay him in loose change. If I win I am going to send him an invoice for my time spent on it.:laugh:

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

So, what kind of plumber's invoice did he have with him? Nothing remotely close to the $850, I woud expect. And if not, I want the franchise for fixing busted drainpipes.

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

what points did you make against him

9. Flow Control

450 for 2 couplers & labor

400 to send a camera down to double check

10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I'm guessing you nailed with a plow?

You know how many drain lines I've done that and not known? :D

Don't underestimate plumbers though, A guy on my street just paid $900 to have his house domestic line reran about 100' at 18".

1" poly.

I don't think a plumber gets out of his truck for less than $100. Damn Unions.