LAYING 10 YARDS OF MULCH

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
I believe all you guys.. I guess we all have are ways and speed...as long as we are making the customers happy and turning a profit...back to the original question...
It's kinda hard to answer the original question when the OP isn't helping us out!

Elite Lawn Pros

LawnSite Member
Hello I need to bid on laying 10 yards of mulch. The owner is buying the mulch, there is no prep work or edging needed. The beds are full of plants & flowers which need to be mulched around Whats a good bid price?

Well first of all like others have said why is he getting the mulch? That’s a flag in its self because MOST people hire us to do it because they don’t want to and it’s an inconvenience to them.

But for s&gs here’s how I would do it but apparently my prices are low by others here but also they are different areas so different prices. Also this example would be very little clean up for install.

Example
$75 a yard installed
$25 labor rate
$30ish a yard wholesale
1-productive guy can do about two yards an hour

So 10y/2=5 hours labor

$75x10=750
$25x5=$125
Total=850 for the job.

Profit after cost
Cost $30 a yard x 10=$300
Labor 1 guy @ $15=$75
Total direct cost $375

Profit $475 for the job.

Hope this helps!

Elite Lawn Pros

LawnSite Member
Hello I need to bid on laying 10 yards of mulch. The owner is buying the mulch, there is no prep work or edging needed. The beds are full of plants & flowers which need to be mulched around Whats a good bid price?

Well first of all like others have said why is he getting the mulch? That’s a flag in its self because MOST people hire us to do it because they don’t want to and it’s an inconvenience to them.

But for s&gs here’s how I would do it but apparently my prices are low by others here but also they are different areas so different prices.

Example
$75 a yard installed
$25 labor rate
$30ish a yard wholesale
1-productive guy can do about two yards an hour

So 10y/2=5 hours labor

$75x10=750
$25x5=$125
Total=850 for the job.

Profit after cost
Cost $30 a yard x 10=300
Labor 1 guy @ $15=$75