1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lazer HP Mulch Kit (fitting probs)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TurfPro, Oct 28, 2002.

1. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

I installed my Micro Mulch kit on my new Lazer HP 52",,but ran into a couple probs :

1. I had to re-drill 4-5 of the holes because they were too low in relation to the holes on the deck. About 1 bolt hole width off.

2. On the discharge side baffle,,the big one,,,,after installation I noticed that it hanges down past the skirt of the mower deck.It only does this in one spot......... if I could fit my camera under there I'd snap a pic.
    Has anyone noticed this when installing theirs?
    Thanks

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, never seen that. Sounds like you got the wrong mulch kit. If I remember correctly there is only 4 bolts that hold the kit to the front factory baffle, 1 in each center section, and a couple up top. You need to check the part and I would suggest posting or calling the guys at the factory. Fred or Dustin should be able to help on this one very quickly. They are pretty good for a couple of desk jockeys.:D

3. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

Yes 65hoss, it's the front holes that go to the factory baffle that don't line up,,plus the block off plate was off quite a bit also.........

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like the wrong kit. These things are drilled from templates that would never change. They do thousands of them. I bet you got a kit for a full size lazer instead of an HP. The decks are different. The full size lazers are a deeper deck.

5. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

Ruh-Roh :eek:

I'll bet your right,,,how/who do I contact?

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Call Fred or Dustin at eXmark.

7. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

65Hoss,

I Emailed Dustin and got a reply the same day!:D

Sure 'nuff , I had the kit for the full size Lazer,I called my dealer and he was cool about it(even though I've used it :eek: )

To me ,this is a PRIME EXAMPLE of why to go with a company that has support available to you at any moment.
    Good work Exmark