• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Lazer HP Question

DJ62233

LawnSite Member
I'm looking to buy a 2007 HP with a 46" deck. I am having trouble deciding on which motor to get, the 19HP Kawasaki or step up to the 23HP Kawasaki. There is an almost $900 difference between the 2. The dealer said the 19 would be fine but I might not be able to mow flat out with it ( I doubt I do that anyway with the shape of my yard). I'll be mowing about 2 to 2 1/2 acres, all relatively flat. Help me decide guys. I'm glad I found this site!!

jtkplc

LawnSite Silver Member
19hp is fine for a 46" walk-behind, but I think you would want the 23hp for powering the added weight of the Z.

talldaddy

LawnSite Member
I bought my lazer z hp about 5 weeks ago. It has the 19hp kaw engine. It seems to have plenty of power to mow as fast as I am willing push it. The grass is not at a full stand so when we get the full summer grass I may have to slow down a bit. Seems to have plenty of power.