1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lazer HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimmy348, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Jimmy348

Jimmy348 LawnSite Member

Just purchase an impact wrench and I would like to remove the blades on my Lazer HP. I read the directions but figured this would be an easier source of information. Do I need someone to put tension on the top bolt of the spindle while i remove the bolt that fastens the blade. Also, the manual is specifies torque lbs and i want to know if i now need to go out and by a torque wrench so i don't over/under tighten that bolt as well.

2. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I do not put another wrench on the top bolt when using an inpact wrench. Changing the blades is a one person job.

3. Jimmy348

Jimmy348 LawnSite Member

Thanks diesel, but is it necessary to measure the torque pounds?

4. DieselDeere

from Midwest

My impact wrench has different settings one that is in the torque range that eXmark recommends, every other month I tighten the top bolt with the impact wrench just to be sure.

5. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

we don't measure the lbs. of torque. We just use a low setting on our wrench. In the impact wrench manual it should give you approx. ft lbs per setting at a certian psi. Match it up to what emark says it should be and it should be close enough. Our wrench is a big one and we have a large compressor so the setting is low. You set up may be different and you may need a higher setting to get the right amount of ft lbs. it doen't have to be exact just close.

6. DieselDeere

from Midwest

Whether or not it is necessary is a question for eXmark.

7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I use an air wrench to loosen and slightly tighten spindle nuts.

I use a good torque wrench to tork my spindle bolts tight.

it's a one person job. scotch the blade with a block of wood under the deck when you tighten.

what is the specified tork for the spindle nuts on that machine?

GEO

8. Jimmy348

Jimmy348 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys. I forgot to put in that it is a milwaukee cordless wrench with no way to adjust the torque.

Top 140-145 lbs
    Blade 115-120 lbs

9. DieselDeere

from Midwest

eXmark recommends 115-120 for the blade bolt