1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

lazer hp

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by kolar, Oct 12, 2003.

1. kolar

kolar LawnSite Member

What do you think about a home owner with a lazer hp 23 52"?
    I've got about a 1/2 acre of new sod and I want to keep it looking that way. I figure I'm going to spend $5000.00 to $6000.00 on a lawn tractor. I might as well get something thats going to cut really good. Dealer priced me one at 7599.00 for a 2004 with kolher.

2. abospaum

abospaum LawnSite Member

Your willing to spend $7600 + maintenance for 1/2 acre?

You could probably hire someone for less than $30-$40/week. So figure it would take about 200 weeks to pay off. Assume that there are about 24 mowing weeks of the year then it would take 8 years to justify this mower.

A much smaller mower might only cost you have as much especially if you just get a good walk behind and there were be very little difference in time.

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I would have to agree,If you had an acre plus it might be justified but half an acre for a homeowner can be cut just as well with a good walk behind or riding mower for less money. If finances are not a concern then hey have at it.Even a 48" z would do you well
    or perhaps look at the lazer CT for a good bit less money.JMO.

4. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

That's a bit of overkill. I am not a professional, just a homeowner like yourself and have a 60" lazer. However I have 4 acres to cut. Why don't you look at a 36" or 48" walk behind. The 52" lazer just seems a bit big for a 1/2 acre.

Pete

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Lazer ct 5200 Dollars.

lhpct.jpg

6. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Or call me and have me come over and mow it with my 48" lazer hp..........I'm right near Mt. Holly.

winkwink

7. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

or me, since I'm in Ortonville:D

8. abospaum

abospaum LawnSite Member

Why go CT?

Hustler- Standard Z- fully commercial mower with 11mph speed and 52" deck, brand new, after rebate only $5400 from one of my local dealers.

Or go 60" for just a little more.

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

What kind of motor on that hustler z abospaum?
    Curious that sounds like a decent price.

10. amrupp

amrupp LawnSite Member
    from buffalo

I'm a homeowner with only 1 acre and was in the same situation last year. Needed a new mower and liked the benefits of a ZTR. After a few weeks of sticker shock looking at new machines, I started to look at my local dealers for recent trade-ins.

I wound up with a 1999 Lazer HP, 19 HP Kaw with 48" deck. Low hours, nice shape, just some paint scratches and minor stuff like that. Got it for $3800 and have not had a single problem with it.

I know a lot of people stay away from any used equipment, but maybe you should at least take a look to see what might be out there.