1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Lazer level

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Anthony Divit, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Anthony Divit

Anthony Divit LawnSite Member
    from Pa

I always do the whole string line setup. I am looking to make life easier and get a laser. Any input on types that work. Everything I do is excavating.

2. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Silver Member

Johnson rotary laser level

3. OP
    OP
    Anthony Divit

Anthony Divit LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Sorry for the spelling as it should be laser not with a a.

4. Hayduke

Hayduke LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

5. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out ziplevel, one man operation. Works awesome!

6. NLPS

NLPS LawnSite Member

Bosch grl500hck, I don’t use mine everyday but it is an awesome little laser. Only down fall is that you have to charge the target on the base,instead of the Spectra lasers where you just swap batteries. 32C79E4D-8701-405F-9480-F0345E4D79B0.jpeg

Cam15 likes this.
  7. Hayduke

Hayduke LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

This used to be on my wish list, do you have one? I saw the video before and it looks pretty awesome. I had my laser stolen a year ago and went to buy a new one at the local survey supply house. I asked about the zip level, as they had them for sale as well. They talked me out of it, saying I was much better off with a laser level than a zip level. Can't remember all the reasons, but they said getting it re calibrated every year is an expensive hassle, as you have to send it in to the company.
    P.S. the laser levels are also a one-man operation...

8. Jimmythegreek

Jimmythegreek LawnSite Member
    from NJ

A level with grade abilities is worth it. Yiu can adjust x and y axis to pitch pipe and patios etc. If ur on a budget check craigslist theres always a few by me. I have 2 that I got super cheap that way. Years ago my first one was manual leveling I would never buy another again. The self leveling models are worth the cost upgrade

NLPS likes this.
  9. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly I got a a relatively cheap set from home Depot a while back. Works well for what it is, shoots accurate just no bells and whistles.

10. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I've got a cheapish Bosch model and find all kinds of used for it. I've done a small patio, decks, interior tile work, hanging light fixtures, and grading for a wall foundation.

Cam15 likes this.