1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lazer Light

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Runner, Oct 9, 2000.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm getting ready to install a halogen light on my Lazer. Have any of you done this? I'm wondering where the best place to wire it into would be. My other mower had a seperate plug right on the ignition that would handle it, but I don't know yet if the Lazer has one or not. I plan on putting a toggle switch in between too.

2. Use a inline fuse to the Bat-tree.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks, Larry! I had an idea that I should use a fuse, but wasn't sure. I appreciate it.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

A resettable circuit breaker would be better and about $1 more. Where are you gonna mount it? It must be out of the way for branches and stuff. I would use a small relay as not to overload a switch. This way you could tap into the ign. wire and not caust problems.

Let us know!

5. You might want to skip the lights that use H-3 bulbs or only install the bulb when you need to use the light (a stupid idea) for the filiment will vibrate apart.

If you have not purchased a light yet I suggest going with the old style "tractor" sealed beam type mounted in rubber.