1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Lazer spindles?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brian Taylor, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Brian Taylor

Brian Taylor LawnSite Member

I just got our first lazer two weeks ago and I now realize what I have been missing. We have 3 grasshoppers that will soon be replaced with lazers. I also have a Toro 62in ztr with over 1000 hours on it and have never had any trouble with the spindles. I was wondering if you guys know if I can expect the same from the non-greasable bearings on the lazer?

2. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i much rather br able to put grease in them, but i have a lazer hp with 700 hrs and replaces all the spindle bearing last week before i put it away started to get noisy, even my bobcats i get about 2 seasons if im lucky, so i hope that helps. tony

3. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

our lazer is 4 yrears old and have not replaced on yet. They are still quiet.

4. greensideup

greensideup LawnSite Member

I have a 44 lazer with 1400 hrs & a 52 lazer with about 900 hrs on it. Never replaced the spindles in either mower. SCOTT

5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I have a 2000 Lazer Z (60'') with almost 1500 hours on it.

No spindle problems as of yet. Still nice and tight. :D

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Same here!

7. Why didn't you just get the Toro version of that mower with the turbo force deck?

Dave

8. Brian Taylor

Brian Taylor LawnSite Member

I didn't get the Toro because I wanted the Ultra Vac and did not like the bagger that Toro makes

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I've never replaced a bearing on any of my eXmarks.

10. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark Lazer 60" deck, 3 yrs and 1500 hrs, one spindle replaced.(warranty) Exmark Turf Tracer Hydro, 3 yrs and no spindles replaced. remember there is a 1 yr parts and labor and 3 yrs parts only warranty on the spindles. Also there is an updated version of the spindle assys. They added a shield to help keep trash from ruining the seal.