Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After demoing the Lazer Z today (27hp 03) I only had one thing to say...DON'T TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME! NO...NO...NO....PLEASE!!! I'll spare you all of the details, but my eyes have now been opened, and I finally understand all of the hype. Now-if you'll excuse me, I'm going out to the garage to throw rocks at my Surfer.:(

·
Registered
952 Posts
my 27 hp lazer 60 is junk.its a kohler figures.the only kohler engine in my small fleet 2 months old to.nothing but problems with it in the last month

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
Originally posted by Simone Lawn Service
I'm trying to decide if I should get one now for $7900 and get a free striping kit (offer good till Oct 31st)
Is that for a 52" or a 60"????

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
Originally posted by bastalker
Wouldn't even thinkl about it less it has the cup holder!! heh heh heh

$7900 is a pretty good price with a free $300 roller on it.
Yes sir! My thoughts exactly, pretty good price! The eXmark dealer in my area only has one Z in stock, new but a 2001 model. It's only a 25hp Kohler 60" and he wants $7850 plus tax, roller & canister filter not included.

Too old, too much and I still have hard feelings towards eXmark and Kohler because of the 2 Lazer EPS issues that have been posted here, neither of which are resolved to this date, as far as I know. That also took away any thoughts I had about ordering an EPS as well.

You have a pretty good deal lined up there. I on the other hand think I will hold on to my money for now thanks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LawnSmith,
One of the big reasons I loved the Lazer Z so much is relative to the mower I have now- a 48", fixed deck, Great Dane Surfer. This was my first commercial ztr and I loved it when I first got it 3 years ago. It was a step up from the 36" Lesco walkbehind I started out with, but it's time to make like the Jeffersons and "Move on Up". What I'm getting at is that I'm definitely not comparing apples to apples, the Exmark is in an entirely different class than the Surfer. Here are the reasons I loved the Lazer so much.

1) Quality of cut - Two of the properties I demoed the Lazer on
grow very fast, and they have irrigation systems. I almost always mow every five days, once a week is a nightmare due to the growth rate. Even at five days I usually have to walk the property with my backpack blower to disperse the grass clumps, and even then it looks "OK". These two customers spend quite a bit of money on fert., irrigation, mowing, (every 5 days) but yet it usually looks like I said "OK"-it always kind of bums me out. Due to rain for several days last week I had to wait almost a week and a half before I was able to mow. I thought to myself this will be a true test of this Exmark-spring like mowing conditions. It passed with FLYING colors. Not one single clump of grass! No walking the property with my blower, no double cutting, no scalping, just a beautiful cut. And when I drove by today, the properties still looked great - none of that uneven look that my Surfer leaves. I was really proud when I left.

2) Productivity - I picked up the demo at 12:30pm and was asked to have it back by closing time at 5:30pm. The two above mentioned lawns usually take my 3hrs. total, so I figured since it had been over a week since mowing last, I would be able to get to the site, mow, and have the mower back before closing. I actually finished the properties in just under 2 1/2 hrs. drove about 6 or 7 miles across town, mowed two other residential lots, and still had the machine back BEFORE 5! Also keep in mind, I was going fairly slow with the machine since I was not used to its controls and handling, so I'm sure there's room for improvement.

3) Comfort. People always ask me "Don't you get tired standing all day?" I don't have any really large properties so it's never really bothered me. However, it felt pretty nice sitting down, resting my arms on the rests, and just using a slight touch of the wrists to guide the mower. Also, I could take a hand off of the controls to itch my nose, wave, etc. for a second or two, and the mower stayed going straight (kind of like cruise control) Don't even think about that on a Surfer-you'll be half way into the next row before you get control again.

4) Change deck height effortlessly , IN SECONDS NOT MINUTES

5) Electric start-self explanatory

6) Two locations (one dealer) within 20 min. of my house (lots of parts/service availability) I won't start in on the Great Dane/Hustler dealer...

These are the biggies that came to mind. Overall package was just completely "Night and Day" difference compared to my Surfer.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Thanks Simone for the write up. I too have been looking at the 60" Lazer Z w/ 27hp EFI. Haven't demoed it yet, but am reading up on it as much as possible. I'd really love to have one with the bagging system for this fall, but don't think it will happen. 'Sigh'

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.