Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting rid of my Super Z and would like to move up to either a 72" 27 hp Lazer Z or 72" 27hp Lazer Z Liquid Cooled.
I would like to know from current owners if the LC provides more power, productivity, and a better quaility or cut.

I know it's quieter, longer lasting, and more fuel efficient, but is it worth the extra $1000.

If you think I should go with the Lazer Z should I get the 27 hp Kaw or Koh?

Right now I mostly cut residential account, but plan on moving up to bigger commercial account in the next few years. I also would like to keep the mower for at least 4 or 5 years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly,
Dan

·
Registered
607 Posts
27 lq is awesome on the Lazer, Worth the money!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have 27/lc kaw on turf tiger,I've not had it long but it has about 950hrs on it.I love it.INMO pullin a 72" on large properties,and actually keepin it till the new wears I'd go with l/c.If I had choice between a kohler and kaw,same hp and all,I would choose kaw.I've had great luck with them.The only kohler I have owned was on a jd110 1967model.IT ONLY LASTED 19YRS.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Lazer Z EPS (28hp efi Kohler) $9k

Lazer Z LC (27hp liquid cooled Kawasaki) $9k

They are the same price and the EPS model you get suspension seat and the best fuel efficiency out of a gas engine.

Lazer Z no efi koh or kaw $8k

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
EXCELLENT advice. EFI, All the way. The EPS package is hard to beat. If I was going to buy another one tomorrow, that exactly what I would get. The power and fuel economy itself is more than enough reason to go with the fuel injection. This machine is serious business!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I though about the EPS, but several guys here have had problems with them. And EFI is just another thing that can go wrong, and when I does it's harder to fix, cost more to fix, and takes longer to fix.

Also could I just by a suspension seat and have it replaced?

And the LC seams to be what I'll get, thanks alot!!!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
You know what? I'm one of the guys having problems with my fuel injected Lazer. If I had to do it over again........I would buy another one :) The problem is not that widespread. I simply need to find a dealer that knows what they are doing. Once that is worked out, I have every intention on selling two of my other machines and buying another EPS or at another EFI machine of some kind.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've got a friend that runs 38 Lazers(60/25hp) only air cooled. He's put the LC's in the fleet and didn't feel it was worth the extra money. Not personal experience, just experince from a friend that runs quit a few mowers every day.

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
Originally posted by dannyc33
I though about the EPS, but several guys here have had problems with them. And EFI is just another thing that can go wrong, and when I does it's harder to fix, cost more to fix, and takes longer to fix.

Also could I just by a suspension seat and have it replaced?

And the LC seams to be what I'll get, thanks alot!!!
The same could be said about a liquid cooled engine. Lots more expensive stuff to break. If I were in your position I don't know what I would choose. But I sure hope you don't make a decision based soley on that train of thought.

My question to you is why not a Lazer Z XP? Liquid cooled and fuel efficient.

·
Banned
4,396 Posts
I looked at the liquid cooled models too, but I had concerns over the added price paying off in longevity to a degree that mattered enough to justify the added complexity and weight. I can just see myself backing into something and punching a hole in the cooling system somehow.

72" is a BIG deck. You must be mowing some large residentials.

I have zero experience with mowers that big and heavy, but I'm always aware that turf damage is very important to homeowners, as well as cut quality. Sometimes the rolling terrain is too much for a big deck like that to handle smoothly. And a behemoth rolling off the trailer might scare some folks who assume it'd beat the lawn up.

I'd err on the side of being conservative on what I put on lawns. Also factor in time lost if you have areas your 72" mower can't fit in or gates, where you have to stop and pull another mower off the trailer, or, god forbid, break out a walk behind to do a fenced back yard.

A 60" deck with a higher hp/deck ratio might mow a little faster than a 72" with a comparable engine, and that might make up some of the width in terms of productivity as well as being more versatile.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have both a 27HP LC 60" Lazer and a 26HP EPS 60" Lazer. I had the Liquid cooled first and just this year bought the EPS and use my LC as a backup. I bought the EPS as a leftover and got a good deal. The suspension seat is a must as I had the regular seat on the LC(I have replaced it since) But overall I am happy with both machines so I guess it is just a matter of what is right for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.