• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

lazer z with 25 kohler

kyajsl

LawnSite Member
i am considering a exmark lazer z with a 25 horsepower kohler and was wondering if any one has ran this settup and what ya'll think about it ...thanks

ToroLandscaper

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have a 2007 Lazer with a 25hp Kohler and I think it is plenty of power and it doesn't just guzzle fuel. I think it is a pretty efficient setup and have no complaints. I had a 27hp on a 52" Toro and I honestly can not tell a power difference.

djflats

LawnSite Senior Member
I bought the Next Lazer Z A/S, 60" cut last summer and it has the Kohler 25 HP on it. I use it here at home and it has a good looking cut. My property has a little of everything, level ground, rough ground, and some hills. Now I don't let my grass get out of control but the 25 has plenty of power for me. It handles great on the hills too. I'm not a small guy, 6'2" and 260 pounds, and it hauls my butt around plenty good. It hasn't bogged down on me yet but like I said I don't let my grass get out of hand.
At work I use the Next Lazer Z 60" cut with a 29 HP Kawasaki and that has some great power. I've cut stuff 2' and higher with it. Just slow down and it cuts it. I do make a second cut on the tall stuff but it does a good job.
Sorry for going astray there. For my needs the Lazer A/S 60" cut with the 25 HP Kohler is a good machine. I wasn't sure about the 25 at 1st but after I demoed it I knew it would be just fine.

razor1

LawnSite Bronze Member
what i want to no is if the engine holds up
Good engine, once you get to about 200 hrs. of service, switch to full synthetic oil and you'll be a happy camper.