1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

LAZER

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dennis, Jul 12, 2000.

1. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

Lazer<br>Sorry to pinpoint you,but you seem to be the most knowledegable on pesticides.<br>I have my app. lic.and want to buy a truck size sprayer(pickup)I would like 2 tanks maybe a 50 and 150 for herbicides(50) and fertilizer(150);so I don't have to clean so much.<br>I have no idea what to look for or ask about,my plan is to spray all types of areas,fert.herb.,insect.,etc. what in ..Your very valued opinion am I looking for?<br>Any Info will help.<br>Thank you<br>Dennis

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I'm not Lazer but my $0.02 worth, if you have the extra $$$ buy both, if not think about this. The Lesco brand 50 gallon sprayer is around $1700.00, and the 150 gallon is $2700.00, both with Briggs engines. That's $4400.00 for 2 sprayers, not including tax. Their 200 gallon is just $100.00 ($2899.00) more than the 150 gallon and includes a Honda motor.<p>The 150 or 200 gal is capible if 600PSI which allows deep-root fertilizing. Most herbicides and fertilizers can be sprayed at the same time which would save time v/s spraying herbicide, then fertilizers. Currently I'm spraying iron and Bayleton with no problems.<p>Again, if cash is no problem go for both, keeping in mind how often are you going to be spraying one product without the other? I just schedule mine accordingly, finishing the above now, next week doing deep root injecting.<p>Ray<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: KirbysLawn

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Truck mounted sprayers are best for tree/shrub applications.<p>For lawns, I would use a granular spreader with a spray system. <p><br>

4. Buy a Lesco stainless push spreader and some<br>can sprayers.<p>This way you can recover your investment ASAP<br>and start making momey.

5. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

That's fine for real small areas.<p>Perma-Green (800-346-2001, ride-onspreader.com) had a $350.00 spray kit they sell which makes a nice setup. <p>The next step up would be that spray kit mounted to a Lesco power walk-behind spreader. (Total investment $1700.00) Which would be far more productive in most situations than a truck mounted sprayer.<p>Beyond that, you get into mower-mounted spreader/sprayers which start at $1000.00 and then your custom built units, which I currently run.<p>I've owned the 750, 300 & 200 gallon truck mounted sprayers and they're too bulky, too expensive, too slow and not flexible enough.

6. SLC INC

SLC INC LawnSite Member

The Perma-Green M60 sucks it is to heavy to push around all day. You can not spray in even light wind.

7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

It depends on how often he will be putting out product. Grandular is much more expensive than spraying and works slower. <p>Example: Bayleton, grandular cost $73.00 for a 40 pound bag and covers 13,000 sf at the preventive rate. Cost per 1000 sf $5.40. Sprayable Bayleton cost $99.96 for 4 WS packs, the four packs will cover 43,560 sf. Cost per 1000 sf $2.29. By spraying you are saving $2.35 per 1000.<p>Most all others give equal savings. If you will not be spraying much, stay granular. If you plan on spraying often or adding services such as deep-root fertilizing or spraying trees then go for it. I just won a bid at a local church, part of their requirments were the trees must be deep-root fertilized and thanks to my sprayer I can do that. <p>Also, the sprayer is expensive, find ways to pay for it. A friend of mine just completed a deep-root job, $50.00 in supplies and $1050.00 in profit! Just market yourself and find business. Here is what I use to promote the deep root system: Both of these trees were planted at the same time, one was treated ONCE with deep-root fertilizing, can you tell which one? The treated one has a trunk 31&quot; the non-treated one has a trunk 22&quot;, some difference huh?<p>[​IMG]<p>Ray<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: KirbysLawn

8. OP
    OP
    Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

thanks for all the responce, seems as though there are lots of knowledge out there.<br>hope I didn't make anyone feel left out.<br>Thanks again<br>