• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

LC Lazer on Ebay not what it seems....

TLS

LawnSite Fanatic
Not a real big issue, but when I emailed the seller to tell him that it's NOT a 2004 Lazer, he got all huffy with me. He said that it was sold new in 2004 to a homeowner.

I told him it was likely a 2000 model, and quite possibly SAT around the dealer for 4 years, but you cant list a mowers model year this way.

Like I said, no biggie, but I don't want anyone here getting burned.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8004034347&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1
 

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Location
ct
TLS said:
Not a real big issue, but when I emailed the seller to tell him that it's NOT a 2004 Lazer, he got all huffy with me. He said that it was sold new in 2004 to a homeowner.

I told him it was likely a 2000 model, and quite possibly SAT around the dealer for 4 years, but you cant list a mowers model year this way.

Like I said, no biggie, but I don't want anyone here getting burned.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8004034347&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1

You are correct. The smaller filler necks where on up till 01.

John
 
OP
TLS

TLS

LawnSite Fanatic
John Gamba said:
You are correct. The smaller filler necks where on up till 01.

John
That was the first thing I noticed, then the lack of the foot lift. And why the hell would you NOT put the gauge wheel on for the picture?

For 157hrs, this homeowner must have really scraped the crap out of stuff when trimming around it!

I was also putting this here incase one of the 25 bids was one of us.

Or if the seller was one of us :nono:
 
OP
TLS

TLS

LawnSite Fanatic
Oh, I almost forgot, the BIG thing that tipped me off was that it has the 23 hp Kawi, not the 27hp.
 

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Location
ct
TLS said:
Oh, I almost forgot, the BIG thing that tipped me off was that it has the 23 hp Kawi, not the 27hp.

That too :waving:
 

nmurph

LawnSite Senior Member
Location
ga
i emailed the seller asking about the model yr just to mess with him.i f i get a reply i will post it, but i doubt that i get one!!!!!!!
 

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Location
ct
nmurph said:
i emailed the seller asking about the model yr just to mess with him.i f i get a reply i will post it, but i doubt that i get one!!!!!!!

If you can get the model #, you can call exmark and find out when it was made.

John
 
OP
TLS

TLS

LawnSite Fanatic
Lawn-Scapes said:
What the heck is a guage wheel :confused: Anti scalp roller?
YES! ;) I use this term like I do with Supper and Dinner. :D
 

Lawn-Scapes

LawnSite Silver Member
Location
Maryland
I grew up to supper and converted to dinner. Do you own a couch or sofa? ;-)

How's it goin' Tommy? Is it dry where you are? I hope to God we get this batch of rain they're calling for....
 
Top