• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

LCO wins Lottery

MJ

LawnSite Senior Member
The newspaper reported that a guy in Maine who started his own lawn care company in 1999 just won $5,900,000. He says his life might change a little. He wants to keep mowing lawns but wants to buy a bigger mower. Reported income last year of $20,000.

I think I'd hire someone to chauffer me to the jobsites.

Mick

Charles

Moderator, Friend, Angel
If i won that much money i wouldnt even mow my own lawn anymore. Amazes me when lottery winners say they will keep their jobs. I would be sitting on a beach in Hawaii and/or travelling the world

Groundcover Solutions

LawnSite Bronze Member
I would keep mowing lawns and plowing snow. I would just get a new 350 crew cab with leather and all the opptions.
make that 5 of thoughs. I love this biz and don't plan on quiting till i DIE!!!

Barkleymut

LawnSite Bronze Member
Funny, I am planning on winning the Big Game lotto tonight. $40 mil ought to last me a lifetime. I'm with Charles, only I'm going to be in Nags Head one month and in the mountains the next.

LoneStarLawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
I would keep up with the bz and just expand. I enjoy what I do and would continue it as long as I am healthy.

[Edited by LoneStarLawn on 01-09-2001 at 03:30 PM]

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
lawncutting is work, u work to make money, if u have that much money, u dont need to make money. retirement is a state of finance, not an age!if u r 18, and have enough money, u retire, if u r 65, and dont have enough money, u work...very simple. i would never cut grass again

LoneStarLawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
I couldnt stop what I like to do...Yes I would retire early (late 40's), but I wouldn't quit what I love.

[Edited by LoneStarLawn on 01-09-2001 at 03:31 PM]