1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

leaf blower uses

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by mastinson, Mar 29, 2007.

1. mastinson

mastinson LawnSite Member

I was wondering if a leaf blower will have enough power to clean a riding mower after you use it. I am wanting a blower to blow off the deck and porch but I also want one with enough power to blow off the riding mower any suggestions?

2. d.m.d.

d.m.d. LawnSite Member

well if it will blow grass of the drive and leaves across the yard id guess it will blow off a mower.i usually blow mine of with my blower.it wont blow the dust completely off though...............?

3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a blower on the decks of my mower's to get off as much as the grass clippings as I can and what I can't get I pull out the power washer and that does the job

4. josh1981

josh1981 LawnSite Senior Member

stihl sg85- I have one. Plentry opf power for blowing deck off and drivewway, piorch ewtc. Plus it will last forever, like a toyota LOL

5. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Stihl BG85 blower and crazy as it sounds, I use the blower to clear the snow from my driveway and sidewalks. I love the silly looks from the neighbors, but it works and that is all that matters. I imagine it would work just fine to blow off your mower. I also use it to dry off my mower after it gets a bath....

6. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, you can figure that the more powerful the blower, the better off you'll be for blowing dirt out of your mower. A handheld blower probably works fine for dusting off the deck, but may lack the power for much more. But even a backpack blower isn't going to do the job that a pressure washer could do.

Since I don't have a pressure washer, I use my backpack blower most of the time, and then for tough areas I use an air compressor with a high pressure nozzle.

7. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah should work. We use ours to clean off the decking of the trailers. Also great for launching foam balls.