Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew what it was. BUt as I looked at it I thought...hey...that wouldn't use any gas! Guess if that means I'm a *******...then I are one.

·
Banned
7,474 Posts
I spent some time in the lab working on a propane blower if you will. It took a few weeks to work the bugs out but it ran great. Only problem was trying to loose some of the weight to make it hand held. :D It got hot and the fuel supply was to dangerous to market plus it was very loud. hehehehe

·
Banned
7,474 Posts
LOL... it's razorblades by now. :D
It was fun messing with it though. I had the combustion chamber just about right. I used a power steering pump, driven by a 12v blower motor to supply oil to the turbo, a MSD box and HEI coil to fire the plug and of course compressed air to get it spinning fast enough to sustain. :)
It would sustain it's own idle with only fuel (propane) being added. Sounded like a gas turbine engine at a idle and you best be wearing hearing protection!!! :D Those were the days......:cool2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.