1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Leaf Clean Up?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Joe2920, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Joe2920

Joe2920 LawnSite Member

Can anyone give me advice on estimating leaf cleans.. and equipment recomendations for the fall?

2. EMMITT22

EMMITT22 LawnSite Member

depends on if you are hauling leaves away or putting them out to the curb for pickup. i charge $30 an hour per worker and when estimating i always add an hour in to what i think time wise its gona take. also know your customer. meaning dont bill and older person on fixed income $500 give them a bit of a break or they wont use you next year. if you have to haul away add 1 hour into bill for the time to dump leaves.

3. Joe2920

Joe2920 LawnSite Member

I would be taking them away... Any ideas on Equipment I was looking at the DR Leaf Vacuum its $2,000 but i seems to be just what i need? It breaks the leafs down 10:1.

4. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

You Will Have To Get The Leaves Out To Your Truck? Right So Use Big Blowers Walk Behind At Least A 8 Hp! 2-backpack Blower For Around The House And Bed Or Deck Area And A Handheld Get Some Rakes 30''and A Lot Of Tarps! Load Your Truck And Trailer! Go To Dump! More Then A Three Work Crew Per Truck And Trailer Is A Waste:eek:

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

for our lawns that dont get too many leaves, we usually charge 3 times the price of the cut. ex: a $25 lawn would cost $75 for picking the leaves up & then disposal fees. usually we run the lawn over without the catcher and then again with it, and then once more with it. thats a perfect scenario. but everyone knows that never happens! :laugh: for equipment we use our Lesco 48" & 52" w/ Gator Blades and the grass catcher. and those big green buckets, tarps, Echo751T, Shindy blower bought from lowes, lots and lots of rakes. 1 thing, atleast here. make sure you cover the leaves in the back of your truck! i made that mistake last year... got pulled over but the cop was nice and didnt give me a ticket. which he said wouldve been a lot of money for not securing the load. so yea. Tarps!