• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Leaf Grinding

jeffex

LawnSite Bronze Member
Here is one I did today . 1.5 hrs 3 bags left at curb. Grinding leaves is the only way to go for me. I like the way it makes the neighbors envious when they look out the window and see me working

sherinfrontbefore.jpg

sherinfrontafter.jpg

sherinbackbefore.jpg

sherinbackafter.jpg

mulcahy mowing

LawnSite Senior Member
looks good

OP
jeffex

jeffex

LawnSite Bronze Member
blew out the beds first . then I made a circle around the yardseveral times with the chute open blowing the leaves into the center to make smaller area to mulch. then 3 passes over the leaves with the wb with the mulch kit and anti blowlout baffle. I put the grass gobbler on and made a pass over the lawn to pick up small pieces of leaves. Emptied the gobbler 3 times.

Pecker

LawnSite Bronze Member
Looks good. Why not just mulch though? Could reduce the meager 3 bags into none!

CrewCutEnterprises

LawnSite Senior Member
It looks good but over time the lawn will become thinner. Also If you do it that way, there is nothing to haul away, which is great.

But Some customers request that we dont do it that way. The particles are hard to get out of the ground after they are so small.

OP
jeffex

jeffex

LawnSite Bronze Member
the bagger for the last pass gives it the hoover vacuum treatment that customers want. I do mulch only on the previous vistis but the final cleanup gets the bagger and blow out the beds. i realize some people have bought expensive equipment and want to find fault with grinding leaves but its just not true. Can you say decomposition

lawnboy dan

LawnSite Platinum Member
great job! i too love to see the envious looks on people,s faces as they struggle with the rakes and bags while i cruise around on my riding snapper muclhing huge amounts of leaves into dust. the gator blade is the best invention since the weedeater!