Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to see pics of the ways people have attached their leaf loaders to their trailers for throwing leaves into their boxed in trailer. I know there are some of you out there that do this, I'm planning on it too, and kinda wanted to see how you all have done this.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
599 Posts
mtdmaster,

I have designed on only on paper to this point. With my design you must reove the tailgate of the truck in order to do it. I am mounting mine 12" above the tounge of the trailer. The discharge shoot will be 6.5 ft from the bed of the trailer. I am purchasing a little wonder truck loader for the application. I'll submit pics later.

Blades

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah, I want to mount the thrower on the trailer or tongue of the trailer. I know a fellow LCO that does this, but I haven't been able to get a good look at his mount. And I want to be able to move the thrower on and off the trailer.

Thanks, though. Let me know how that LW loader works. I am very curious about that one.

:D

·
Banned
352 Posts
:) Nice set up youve got there Jim, love the dump and its a fairly simple unit, mtdmaster ive been thinking about boxing in my other trailor and taking two pieces of 1/4" steel and welding rebar on the inside for my loader mount, im just going to weld the plate on the front of my trailor, ill also build it with enough room to get a 52" walkbehine and other tools on it, ive been useing tarps for so many yrs ive been procrastenating on using my other trailor for fall, if i do it ill post some pics........Marks Mowing Service

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
No more pics for a month at least. Unit goes in around late Oct and stays until leaves are done. My cage has a heavy expanded metal floor. Needed to raise unit about 6" for clearance, so it's bolted to 4x6 + 2x4 that are in turn bolted to floor. I like to use wood as an insulator mounting vibrating machinery; it may need replacement over time, but it's removable. Your mount would need to be specific to your trailer and expectations.

Just note that you want to aim the intake to the side if possible, not forward or backward like they are made to mount. My 10' hose reaches 10' from curb. Front to back mounts, with location & turning, sometimes only reach 4'-5' in from curbs. Saves a lot of loading time - I've run days without needing a rake to move leaves to the hose.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Hey dfor, the chute came with the unit. That's one reason I went with Trac Vac; they had the highest reach. The silver tube had an adjustable deflector to direct debris,we cut that off and just used a piece of 8" plastic pipe. But the plastic kept wearing through because of the bend in it. I'm getting an all metal one made in a shop to my specs.

Another problem with the Trac-Vac chute: it is corrugated, so it can be bent a little. When vacuuming wet leaves below freezing, the water starts to freeze to the ridges in the chute, eventually plugging it up. Only happened to me once, on a day in low 20s with snow on leaves, but it was a PITA to clear.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

·
Registered
19 Posts
dfor,
first time on this site and it is loaded with info. To answer your question on how to extend the pipe you can go to your local Auto Parts store preferably NAPA (I know they carry it) and ask for exhaust flex tubing. They should be able to cut it at whatever length you need. Its galvanized and corrugated so it does bend some Also ask for some exhaust clamps to attach it.
Hope that helps!
Just curious can you ball park me on your curbside vaccuming rates?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.