1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Leaf loader

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Ticolawnllc, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

If I had a 10 yard dump truck full of un shredded leaves and ran them through a leaf loader how many yards of leaves would I have left?

2. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

well a leaf loader packs the leaves in tightly too, your 10 yard dump truck full is probably not packed very much if at all. 3 maybe 4 yards....they usually shred pretty well, if you have enough clean ups to pay for a leaf vac, buy one, just watch out for rocks. they last forever if they aren't abused too bad.

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

10-1 and 11-1 are normal ratios for leave loaders so its possible you'd have just 1 yard left if you did that. As for lasting forever some parts on the vac do others wear out regularly. The liners which are 1/4 inch thick on ours have worn clean through more than once. The impellers have been replaced 3 or 4 times in the last 10 years. And if I didn't know how to weld the list would be much longer.