1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

leaf removal haul offs

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by GreenscapesWV, Oct 25, 2011.

1. GreenscapesWV

GreenscapesWV LawnSite Member

we are getting $50-60 per/ man hr for leaf removal with high end backpack blowers and good equipment etc. using a 7x14 dump trailer with 3' sides for haul offs. ii usually just blow or drag them into the woods but i have alot of hauloff customrs scheduled this fall and was wondering how you guys were charging for hauloffs. also do you charge the same if its 1/2 load or a full load? thanks in advance

2. borwicks

borwicks LawnSite Senior Member

Its all time based plus disposal for me. Might try reducing the size of the leaves. Blow them into drive or street run them over a few times with mower then throw them in trailer. Just my 2 cents. Not familiar with your setup so good luck
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

With my dump trailer/ leaf vac setup I charge more around $100+ per hour and disposal ($9 a yard approx). Im solo and use an 8hp littlewonder blower, shindy backpack, and handheld blower. I try to aviod using rakes and I never mow for a one time cleanup customer.