Leaf Removal Just got Harder.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Tracer, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Won't be any 2-4" of leaves covering roofs that steep at any time, let alone all winter. The wind and pitch will take care of that.

2. OP
    OP
    Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

Not talking about the roofs. The areas directly surrounding the houses especially back yards. People not going to want wade through leaves all winter. If cold enough a blower will sweep up leaves on top of snow w/gentle touch.

3. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Just going by what you posted here-

4. OP
    OP
    Turf Tracer

Yea. We definitely not blowing off roofs. Eaves guys usually carry a hh up there get what don’t slide off

5. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

man, those are some nice old oaks. a little close to the house, but still beautiful.

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Very few people expect anyone to go up on snow covered roofs, but I get all the single story gutters from the ground with my old Stihl SH85 and the gutter kit. It works awesome and cleans them perfectly, even packed full of wet leaves. I have the second story extensions, but that makes the system too unwieldy.

7. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Fanatic

Well....Just fired up the snowblower for the 1st time this season.
    Made for quite the experience blowing snow AND leaves simultaneously!
    Luckily, my 9HP, 2-Stage can handle the load with no problem.

8. OP
    OP
    Turf Tracer

Had that gutter kit on a BR400 sprayed black muck spots all over the white gutters and paneling. Guess it would work bone dry but catching gutters bone dry to the bottom very hit and miss.

don’t even touch my own gutters no more. Guy I throw gutter work to does them free

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Never have that problem.

10. OP
    OP
    Turf Tracer

Leaves fall over 8-9 week period here and gutters rarely done until finished for efficiency.

First falling leaves begin rot sitting in gutters so by time you blow out, if they any dampness, it gets black muck specks over everything.