1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leaf Removal Pricing 2018

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by asthedodo, Oct 18, 2018.

1. asthedodo

asthedodo LawnSite Member

Here's my leaf removal pricing sheet for my clients. Hopefully this can help anybody trying to figure out what to charge for leaf removal. If anybody has an suggestions or critiques let me know, this is my first year with set pricing, before I was doing it by the job and it was very disorganized.

IMG_20181018_141427.jpg

2. MNLawns

MNLawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from MN

i don't break it down like that, if someone wants a leaf cleanup, it is the whole everything, and we shoot for $75 a man hour. Be careful though, i have a $25 dollar mow, and a full cleanup is $175 so i wouldn't publish that pricing to your clients.

3. asthedodo

asthedodo LawnSite Member

Would you recommend quoting everybody individually then? These quotes are supposed to be for just cleaning the leaves off the grass, is that pricing still pretty low?

4. MNLawns

MNLawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from MN

i don't know, the reason i don't is because i don't know your properties, if you are going to dump the bagger on a push mower 2-3 times, your price is fine...

Bumpmaster likes this.
  5. KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Senior Member

I can't even drive to the property for that price

6. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

Were changin the way we do things this year.

For a $40.00 mowing customer, that has a healthy leaf amount, we would charge $440 for cleanup. In years past the $440 is TOTAL for 2x cleanups (spaced 2-3 weeks apart) so about 220 each.

This year, it is the same price. However instead of doing 2 full on cleanups (blowing out landscape) we are just blowing off pavement/sidewalks and baggin the yard (not blowing out landscape). We'll be doing this weekly for 2-3 weeks then do a final big cleanup.

The idea is to spend less time over all but actually keep the lawn more leaf free. If you were to calculate it, each mowing/lawn baggin visit would be $110- $75 per visit with the final visit $220. That final visit "should" take less time then it has in years past. We'll seehow it works

Btw, your prices are realllllly low!

GRANTSKI and hort101 like this.
  7. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

Yeah, really low pricing.

You can't base leaf cleanup off of mowing. Mowing has nothing to do with leaves. I have a 1 acre lawn that has one small tree and I mulch those leaves up at no additional charge being I don't do anything extra, and I have a few small lawns that are covered in 6 inches of leaves every week because of the way the wind blows through the woods bordering the back lawn. No way I could do those jobs for $40....

Leaf cleanup is tricky to bid. I've way underbid and way overbid. It's best to do per job pricing as per job is what it actually is.

I give a price of what I think it will be...let's say "$150 but I know it might take longer...windy day, deeper leaves in areas....that sort of thing...so I tag on a not to exceed price as well.

So I'll tell the client $150, not to exceed $200.

*edit* 2 acre lawn to 1 acre...typo on the 2 acre

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    hort101 likes this.
  8. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

That's pretty much what I do. I pull up and do a quick blowout of all the beds and driveway and patio's...not getting every leaf, especially the beds.....mulch them up. Then a final cleanup once all leaves are down....works very well.

Aric VanTassel, sjessen and hort101 like this.
  9. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

I always charge by the hour for leaf removal. That way you can’t lose

Aric VanTassel likes this.
  10. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Fanatic

On a rough estimate I charge 4 to 5 times mowing price. So a $50 yard is $200- $250. If I need to haul leafs away an additional $150 per trailer load.

t5oy likes this.