Leaf Removal Pricing 2018

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by asthedodo, Oct 18, 2018.

1. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

Wait until you put some gator blades on it! I have about 220hrs on mine and have had it for 2 seasons now. Your right, it is definitely a game changer! They don’t call it a quickcat for nothing.

2. petscanning

petscanning LawnSite Senior Member

I’ve got about 3 sets of gator blades waiting to be put on

3. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

Use em, way better than what they give ya. Leaves a better cut too.

4. OP
    OP
    asthedodo

asthedodo LawnSite Member

Agreed, I have a set and they are great!

5. PremierLandscapeForsyth

PremierLandscapeForsyth LawnSite Member
    from U.S.A

Ok so I have a question … I have a space here where I can dump unlimited leaves/grass etc for free. should I not charge a dump fee or should I charge a dump fee?

6. OP
    OP
    asthedodo

asthedodo LawnSite Member

I don't have to pay to dump either, but I definitely charge a dump fee. You still have to load/unload the leaves.

Doc8406 likes this.
  7. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

Charge something to useage of your fuel and there is the labor.. that is the way i see it.. so at least that much

8. petscanning

petscanning LawnSite Senior Member

I have my own place but I basically have added my own dump fee into my charge. Its none of their business if I take it to the dump or it goes into my giant composting bins. I have 4 that I fill one every year and by year four I have some nice soil for my gardens.

9. Joseph Russ

Joseph Russ LawnSite Member

I have done leaf removal already a couple times. I have never charged for disposal, but I always let them know that most contractors do charge for this. I think people like to feel like they are getting a deal because I have already received multiple word of mouth referrals.

KLP and Doc8406 like this.
  10. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Bronze Member

They may like getting a deal, but remember we trying to make money. I know when I first got into business, I did a lot of stuff like that to be nice, but I quickly realized that didn't pay the bills. My goal is to go after customers that I don't have to haul away debris. Woods can be our best friend lol

Mow-Daddy.com likes this.