1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Leaf season need advice.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Planet Landscaping, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Guy's, Who makes the best 10 or so hp push blower?????? Anybody use the selbros tha replace mower deck??????
    How about jrco leaf plow???? I dont have to remove them, just bolw them into woods.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

for walkbehind blowers, i prefer littlewonder, and many others on the site will agree with that. I had an 8 hp giant vac and moved up to a 9 hp honda littlewonder, and cannot beleive the difference. the jrco leaf plow works really well for moving piles of leaves that get to big for the blower to move. i have one mounted on my scag walkbehind. I use the plow and then disconnect the 4 pins, and i can use it to bag the lawn and mow. great to have.

3. Country_Joe

Country_Joe LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Among others, I also have a Little Wonder 9 hp Honda w/b blower. Also have 2 handhelds, a 5hp Billy Goat, and a Walker blower for my MT. Day to day use I use the Stihl BG85 handheld and the Billy Goat because of the ease of use. (being lighter) During leaf season I use the Little Wonder. Very powerful but heavy. Too heavy for my hills but can move large piles effectively. More effective than my Walker. I use the Walker when I blow the mile of lane that I share with my neighbors.
    But if you are on flat ground the Little Wonder is great. And I love those Honda motors. But then you could move up to the turbines if you have mountains of leaves.

Dennis