Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25,106 Posts
I use my neighbors every fall, but not behind my tractor as the chute is cut to fit his, which is a lot different than mine. I blow the leaves into huge piles or windrows and use the vac attachment to suck them up. It chops them up something like 20-1 (could be off on that number but I know it reduces them greatly. I then haul it to the back and open it and unload on my compost pile. I pull most of it out by hand, but a garden rake works quite well to get the rest of it out. Takes maybe 1 minute to open and unload. I haven't found the dump feature very useful for unloading packed leaves or grass clippings.

If you cut the chute to fit your machne, you can mow, mulch leaves etc and then the impller does it even further, so you can get a lot in it, but it is a bit long and cumbersome to use anywhere other than wide open property if you use it while mowing. Don't get me wrong, it works well for what it is, but it's just not that easy to maneuver around lots of stuff.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use my neighbors every fall, but not behind my tractor as the chute is cut to fit his, which is a lot different than mine. I blow the leaves into huge piles or windrows and use the vac attachment to suck them up. It chops them up something like 20-1 (could be off on that number but I know it reduces them greatly. I then haul it to the back and open it and unload on my compost pile. I pull most of it out by hand, but a garden rake works quite well to get the rest of it out. Takes maybe 1 minute to open and unload. I haven't found the dump feature very useful for unloading packed leaves or grass clippings.

If you cut the chute to fit your machne, you can mow, mulch leaves etc and then the impller does it even further, so you can get a lot in it, but it is a bit long and cumbersome to use anywhere other than wide open property if you use it while mowing. Don't get me wrong, it works well for what it is, but it's just not that easy to maneuver around lots of stuff.
That is really helpful thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts