1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

leafloader.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Oct 17, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw in procutsc thread that someone mentioned using a push blower for a leaf loader. How whould i make that? Does anyone have a pic. I am better with pics than visualizing.

2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

thats not a bad idea.. Now that I think about it, I could take both ends of the chutes off my Peco bagger unit and make a leaf loader..

Thanks for the idea Chef! :waving:

3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Hope fully it goes, never attached a pic on here like this before.
    Sort of like this from Parker? Guess you could do it with a push blower as well. We actually used this set up once and it worked well for us. Also used a similar device to hook up to our JD's vacuum pac on our 430 mower, put leaves straight into the bagger.

4. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

the older little wonders offer a hose attachment to use as a leafloader.

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Giant Vas still offers that option on one model. You have to make sure your wb blower has a steel impeller, many use aluminum.

I think it's a good idea and almost bought a Giant Vac for this. I already had a Little Wonder push blower and was in the market for a leaf loader. I thought if I buy the GV, I would have two blowers going on the lawn at once to get the job done faster, then convert the GV to load the leaves into the truck.

But I happened upon a great deal on a used leaf loader, so I never did buy the Giant Vac blower/vac.

But if I ever did decide to add another push blower, I'd probably go with the GV so that I could have a back up leaf loader incase mine bites the dust.

Keep in mind though that the biggest GV push blower that is convertible to a vac is only 9hp, plus it only has a 6 or 8 inch diameter intake hose (I forget which it is, 6" or 8"). So if it's your only leaf loader and you do a lot of leaves, it may not be the best way to go. But it would be a nice backup, and if you need a push blower anyway, it makes sense to get one that can convert to a vac too.