1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Leaking gas tank

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gus, May 3, 2000.

1. Gus

Gus LawnSite Member

Any tips on fixing a 1/8 in dia hole in a plastic fuel tank on my w.b.? <p>----------<br>gus....<br>

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Nut and bolt, neoprene washer on each side.<p>Bill

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

good idea on the nut and bolt.<p>wouldn't silicone caulk hold if applied properly and cured also?<p>good luck<br>GEO

4. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

Only if you want silicon in your carb.It plugs jets very good.Experiance talks.

5. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I used a product called epoxy ribbon worked great, I never did have to do anything else to the gas tank on my old car, the hole was about the size of a quarter. <br>Some J-B weld would work also. Jim

6. Alan

Alan Member

There is a product called &quot;Seal All&quot; that works like magic on gas tank leaks. On a poly tank exposed to the elements I'm not sure I would trust it for a permanent fix, but it will stop a flowing leak as a way to get through a job. I've used it on metal tanks and is is fantastic, only used it once on a poly 5 gal can. It seemd to hold for quite a while. I've still got that can around here, use it for diesel fuel for parts washing now.