Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed this today. There is a mix of oil and gas leaking out of the OHV cover on my Kohler Command 12.5. Right next to the spark plug. I have a picture. If anyone could tell me what to do about this it would be appreciated.

Automotive tire Alloy wheel Bumper Automotive lighting Rim

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Are you sure it's coming from the OHV cover? I had a similar problem with a 17 Kawi and thought it was coming from there. It turned out that it was blowing out the oil/gas breather and dripping down to the OHV cover. Just a thought.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If it is a mix of oil and gas coming from a cover, you have a problem. Check for gas in oil, if there is none, you could have a leaky valve cover gasket which is not hard to change. When you have the cover off check the groove that the gasket goes in on the cover and make sure that it is not broke somewhere around the edge.

·
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, I was getting all pumped up today about getting that gasket ordered from somewhere...go to look at the serial/model numer...its worn off the sticker. Can anyone lead me somewhere where they have these gaskets for the valve cover?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.