I learned to think outside the box a little yesterday. heres what happened.Yesterday went to set up a system for this year. There were three heads on a zone that didn't work. All of the other heads (8 rotors) worked fine. So i started to think that there was a pinch, crack, or tree choking the lateral line. I tell my guys to start digging toward the closest working head. They follow the lateral from the dead heads all the way to the closest working head and can't find where it connects to that head. we dig a little more and discover that it has its own lateral line from the valve box. I found this out by turning on another valves that wasrunning a zone on the other side of the building. the guy who put in the system was a bone head. I say that because the three hads that didn't work were on a differnt zone and om the far side of the zone that works, but he connected it to a differnert valve around the the other side of the building and about 200+ ft away from the valve box. I don't claim to be some great irrigation designer, but that was rediculous. oh, and the lateral line that we dug up was only about 6" under the soil. and the system was put in when the building was first built. You guys must see junk like this all the time. The problem around here is that there are few irrigation companies, so people don't know that they are getting robed. It taught me to think outside the box when trying to fix a problem.