Leasing vs Financing

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by WarriorLandscaping, May 17, 2018.

1. WarriorLandscaping

WarriorLandscaping LawnSite Member
    Male

What do you guys do with your trucks?

Will need a second truck sooner or later for second crew.

I have only done financing.

wjjones likes this.
  2. Kennedylawns

Kennedylawns LawnSite Member

I’d rather finance. Typically the leasing terms are for low miles a year

wjjones and WarriorLandscaping like this.
  3. wjjones

wjjones LawnSite Member

Stick with that. Atleast its yours when you get it paid for.

WarriorLandscaping likes this.
  4. WarriorLandscaping

Male

Got cha boys

wjjones likes this.
  5. Miller5862

Miller5862 LawnSite Member

I looked up commercial leasing... i think lawn care get a no on it as it says no for hire. Thats leaves you with financing and simply trading it in or trading up once the warranty expires. Unless livery is like uhaul rentals i dont know.

Screenshot_20180517-095458_Chrome.jpg

wjjones likes this.
  6. WarriorLandscaping

Male

Not sure if landscapers are ineligible according to that.

wjjones likes this.
  7. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have a big service area? We are doing bigger landscaping jobs so I don't have to drive around all day. I put maybe 3-400km on each truck a week. For 10-11 months that's less than 20,000km. Check and see what policy's on scratches and damage are and if you think you won't beat it up too bad.

8. Miller5862

Miller5862 LawnSite Member

Well either way if youre going to trade up everytime warranty runs out commercial lease a cab and chassi if you can and its cheaper than financing. Buy a custom bed that fits your needs to always just take off and put on the next truck. Otherwise if youre not going to trade up for warrantys leasing would be a waste of money as said you want your money to go towards something and what happens if you decide not to want to trade up youre kinda forced with a lease..

9. moron88

moron88 LawnSite Member

we are not "for hire" in this context. that's for things like taxis or freight transporters.

10. awayne

awayne LawnSite Senior Member

We have F150 leased in the business name so whatever your referring to is incorrect.

Another thing most people do not know is that leasing or financing on the business name with an EIN will NOT show up on personal credit with Ford and Ally... even if you PG it! Same goes for some business credit cards as well like our chase ink card.