Lawn Care Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

leaves in ivy driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

6K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  flybynite 
#1 ·
Anyone got a trick for getting leaves out of ivy? Seems it is almost impossible to get it to look "clean" when I try to blow it out with the backpack blower. I despise this stuff, but a few of my accounts have large areas with this crap. Any help is greatly appreciatred!

#3 ·
If you have an elbow at the end of your pipe, this really helps. Many blowers just come with a straight pipe, but this extra angle really helps to lift them and doesn't give as much downward force into the plants. Also, of course, you have to beat on it with the blower. Short, fast side to side shaking strokes.

Reactions: Cam15
#7 ·
My trick is called a Redmax BP blower. I haven't seen any place leaves get that it won't blow them out, including ivy. Just blow in more than one direction.

#10 ·
One of my largest accts has ivy beds surrounding the entire property ... I used to use the bp blowers, but still very difficult to get clean.. I found the best way is t run my little wonder push blower through the beds of ivy.. not east to do.. but gets them clean and alot faster...

#11 ·
We don't waste too much time on ivy. Blow off the top and whatever comes out with it. If it borders the lawn, do a little more for that last foot or so.

As far as the elbows on the end of the tube, I don't know why people take them off to begin with. It gives you more control in directing the wind. It brings the air flow closer to what you are blowing. The manufacturers keep making blowers with bigger and bigger motors and say they work as good at half throttle as the older ones do at full. Why don't they ask lco's whether or not they use that elbow? I'll bet 90% say no.

#16 ·
I use a bp 400, with elbow on end of it, use a sweeping motion, and no problem at all. Does the job rather quickly. I used to have a bp 320 and no problems with that either. Most of my jobs have large areas of ivy, eunoumous, and other vines. Also use a blower vac sometimes and it works good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.